- Strong understanding of the game development cycle.
- Strong understanding of game mechanics and game flow.
- Strong understanding of both conceptual, practical and technical aspects of game design.
- Being able to prioritize features based on design pillars, USP and client wishes.
- Able to lead by example: a positive attitude where you value input from the team and motivate them to achieve their highest potential.
- Able to give constructive feedback to the team and vice versa: open for feedback from other disciplines, Leads, Producers and clients.
- Able to recognize improvement possibilities while keeping deadlines, scope and budget in mind.
- Strong communication and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity.
For System Designers
You know how to translate serious objectives to fun game mechanics.
For Level Designers
Efficient in Blocking-out and testing the level.
Explain for each piece of work why you made it.
In at least one piece of work, show your workflow steps. Starting from the idea to block out and the technique you are using until the end product.
Make sure that your portfolio is clean and easily accessible. We prefer itch.io for game builds.
- At least one game design document that you have written.
- Material that shows your contribution to at least 3 games.